Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the quote.
1. We will carry out the work set out on your quote, for the price that is stated in it, under the following terms and conditions. All prices include VAT at the current rate.
2. Your quote is valid for 3 months. After this time your quote will no longer be valid and you will need to get another quote. This is due to price adjustments.
3. The first 12 months of your installation is covered by our guarantee and is included as part of your installation. This guarantee is covered by Your Heat Ltd, this is insurance backed up. Your Boiler will come with a Manufacturers Guarantee, the duration of this will be documented on your quotation.
4. The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
5. The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace. This is done at a cost and can be opted out of. Cost may vary.
6. Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
7. We may need you to lift some floor coverings, including tongue-and- grooved floor coverings, parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, so we can complete the work. We will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do this. You can call a specialist contractor to do this work or we may be able to do it for you at an extra cost. If we do any of this work for you we will only be responsible for any unnecessary damage caused directly by our negligence and it will be your responsibility to put the flooring back once the work is completed.
8. We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes we have to do extra work if we cannot use existing pipework or wiring to install the boiler, you will not be charged for this and disruption will be explained and kept to a minimum.
9. If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work, and we will need evidence from you that you have got this permission. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts. We will not be able to start any work if you have not got the appropriate planning permission or if you are unable to give us evidence that you have this permission. If we carry out work at your property and you have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get the permission you needed, which may include court fines and penalties.
10. You will need to have an adequate gas and electricity supply to your property before we can start the work.
11. We will test your water supply pressure before we start work. As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing, unless we were negligent in how we tested your water pressure.
12. To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may use one of our approved installers. All installers that we use are fully qualified and Gas Safe registered, and they all carry identity cards. We are responsible for the approved installers we use.
13. You must pay the deposit shown on your quote when you accept the quote. You must pay the quoted price for the work when we have finished the installation.
14. Your Cancellation Rights.
You can cancel this agreement up to 14 days after the day any goods are delivered. This is called your ‘cooling off’ period. By signing the quotation you’ve agreed that we can start work before your cooling off period ends. If you cancel your agreement after work has started, we will charge you our reasonable costs for:
- any work already carried out, or
- any goods already installed into your property
You won’t be able to cancel once work is fully completed or the goods have been installed into your property. We can deduct our costs from any deposit you’ve paid or bill you for them.
If you wish to cancel, you can call us on 01634 245598 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will receive a full refund of fees paid.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 01634 245598, or write to us at Your Heat Ltd, 74 Lucas Road, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5PZ, or email us at email@example.com and we aim to respond within 3 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0333 241 3209.
Notice of Right to Cancel
You (The customer) have the right to cancel this contract if you wish. This right can be exercised by delivering, or sending notice to at any time within the period of 14 days starting with the date of receipt of this notice. The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent or in the case of electronic communication from the day it was sent. If work on the above contract has begun, with your written agreement, before the end of the cancellation period. You may be required to pay for any goods or services supplied. Any related credit agreement will automatically be cancelled if the contract for goods and services is cancelled. You may wish to use the cancellation form provided below: If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be electronic mail) this to the person named below.